Almost since the foundation of the World Council of Churches (1948), there has been a Permanent Delegation of the Ecumenical Patriarchate located at the Headquarters of the WCC in Geneva. The office was established in 1955 as a sign of continuous interest and co-operation with the WCC and the Ecumenical Movement on the part of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
The first Permanent Representative of the Ecumenical Patriarchate (1955–1959) was His Eminence Bishop Iakovos (Koukouzis) of Melita⇒ and later Archbishop of North and South America. His Eminence Metropolitan Emilianos (Timiadis) of Silivria⇒ (1959–1985) was the next Permanent Representative followed by the Grand Protopresbyter of the Ecumenical Throne V. Rev. Dr. George Tsetsis⇒ (1985–1999) and by Archimandrite Benedict Ioannou (2000–2008). From 2008 until 2015, Mr. Georges Lemopoulos⇒, WCC deputy general secretary, was in charge of the Delegation. The current Permanent Representative is His Eminence Archbishop Job (Getcha) of Telmessos⇒ was appointed in November 2015.
Ecumenical Patriarchate Permanent Delegation to the World Council Of Churches
Permanent Representative: HE Archbishop Job of Telmessos
Tel.: +41 22 791.63.47
Fax: +41 22 791.63.46.
Address: Ecumenical Patriarchate Permanent Delegation to the WCC. 150 Route de Ferney, P.O. Box 2100. CH-1211 Geneva 2, Suisse.